2022 was the year of the dog*. We had canines at the majority of our weddings and I thought it might be fun to share a few of our pup-centric images and provide some tips for including your furry family memebers.
Dogs can be a great addition to a wedding ceremony or reception. They can serve as ring bearers, flower dogs, or just be present as a beloved member of the family. If you’re trying to figure out how to include your dog in your wedding, there are a few things to consider:
- Make sure your venue is dog-friendly. Not all venues allow animals, so it’s important to check with the venue before you make any plans.
- Think about your dog’s temperament: You’ll want to make sure that the dog is well-behaved and comfortable around large crowds. It’s probably not a good idea to bring a dog that gets anxious or excited around a lot of people.
- Consider the role your dog will play in the wedding. Will they be a part of the ceremony, or just there for photos?
- Plan for a designated handler. Someone should be responsible for taking care of your dog during the wedding, whether it’s making sure they have water and are comfortable, or walking them down the aisle.
- Think about the logistics. Will your dog need to travel to the wedding location? If so, make sure they have a comfortable and safe way to get there.
Here are some of the ROCKSTAR pooches we met in 2022.
Overall, including a dog in your wedding can be a fun and special way to include your furry friend in your big day. Just make sure to plan ahead and consider the needs of both your dog and your guests.